Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week 7-Thing 16: Wikis

I have never dealt with wikis before, so this was entirely new for me (which is uncommon because I do a lot online). I visited the Book Lovers Wiki and really liked how open the site was. I liked how you could find useful information about different books and share opinions with others. I think that something like this could really be useful to a library because, unlike blogs, it's a real community of people sharing their thougts. If our branch (or other branches) each had something like a Book Lovers Wiki, people within the community could come together and swap suggestions with one another. It is also possible for it to be something like an adult summer reading program where the library features specific books that the members suggest and then respond to. Now, there is always the possibility that it might not work out, but there is also a good chance that it could be a huge success. But I definitely like the idea of it.

No comments: